Lifelong Learner & Reflective Practitioner

Lifelong Learner & Reflective Practitioner

Let's Transform Our Schools Into TRUE Professional Learning Communities

Let's Transform Our Schools Into TRUE Professional Learning Communities
In Your School- Do all stakeholders subscribe to the belief that EVERYONE has something to learn and EVERYONE has something to teach? This blog can help you gain insight on how to facilitate this transformative mindset with your faculty!

Feb 10, 2011

Creating a Culture for Learning

I've been reading so much research lately that indicates the direct link between student achievement and the principal's role in establishing a learning community. Every principal that I know entered the principalship with great enthusiasm and the intent to promote a culture for learning. I have seen that some leaders are able to keep the focus on student achievement and constantly take it to the next level. I've also seen leaders who, despite their good intentions, were not successful at maintaining the goals for learning. I'm in a place in my development right now where I am constantly thinking about these kinds of things and trying to make sure that I am able to keep the focus and be the kind of instructional leader that I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment