Lifelong Learner & Reflective Practitioner

Lifelong Learner & Reflective Practitioner

Let's Transform Our Schools Into TRUE Professional Learning Communities

Let's Transform Our Schools Into TRUE Professional Learning Communities
In Your School- Do all stakeholders subscribe to the belief that EVERYONE has something to learn and EVERYONE has something to teach? This blog can help you gain insight on how to facilitate this transformative mindset with your faculty!

Feb 3, 2014

Above & Beyond the Call of Duty

Here’s a follow-up on an idea that I shared in an earlier post. Use an ABCD Book to encourage teachers to go "above and beyond the call of duty". Here’s how it works:

At the beginning of the school year, inform teachers that the ABCD book (Above and Beyond the Call of Duty) will be kept at the front with the sign in book. Tell them that there will be a page assigned to every teacher. Tell them that you want them to update their page periodically- keeping you aware of all the wonderful things they do. Let them know that if a time comes when they:
• are up for tenure
• desire to apply for an internship
• choose to be considered for a special award
• need an employment reference after moving
• want to share artifacts for their summative evaluation, etc

You will immediately go right to this book and see what kinds of things they have done.

Several folks have emailed me requesting that I share a copy of the cover I made for this book. I'm happy to share that with anyone that would like it, however, I cannot figure out a way to attach files to these blog posts. If you email me though, I will gladly send it to you.

jenspates@hotmail.com

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. I have gone through your site information and it is the same opportunity that I was looking for. The facilities, the process that what you are offering are perfectly matched to my Expectation & very soon you will get Response from my side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey..
    this one is quite interesting post.. pretty cool...
    thanks for that post..

    ReplyDelete